SPECIAL PROJECTS ADMINISTRATOR
The Special Projects Administrator will provide essential support to special projects within St. Mary’s Outreach Center and will promote effective management of the office. The Special Projects Administrator will maintain high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Perform essential administrative tasks, including:
- Conduct research and compile data for consideration and presentation by Executive Director, committees, and boards of directors.
- Prepare and distribute materials for organizational meetings and events (e.g., Board of Directors meetings, partner meetings, etc.).
- Answer the phones and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Enter data.
- Prepare mailings.
- File and retrieve organizational documents, reports, and records.
- Update and maintain the Resource Guide. Maintain effective working relationships with partner organizations at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Assist with donor cultivation and data management tasks. Research potential funding sources and provide assistance with fundraising events.
- Manage volunteer information and assist with volunteer recruitment, recognition, and retention activities as needed.
- Develop content for publications, including the brochure, newsletter, website, and social media sites, as needed.
- Occasionally represent SMOC at relevant community events and community meetings at the direction of the Executive Director.
Associate’s degree (or two years completed coursework if currently enrolled in Bachelor’s program)
Minimum 2 years of experience in an office environment
Ability to work well with older adult clients, especially when they are in crisis
Ability to provide respectful, courteous, professional service to persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
Ability to move objects up to 30 pounds
Excellent command of the English language and strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated skill in using Microsoft Office Suite
B.A. or B.S. degree
Minimum 1 year of experience performing high-level administrative duties, such as conducting research and preparing data reports
Prior donor and fund development experience
Knowledge of CRM software
Demonstrated skill in social media and website development
The Special Projects Administrator will work 10-15 hours a week, typically between the hours of 8:30 and 4:30, and the days worked are negotiable. This a non-exempt, hourly position. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
St. Mary’s Outreach Center does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal.
Please forward your resume and a statement of interest to Tasha Cornish, Executive Director, at TashaSMOC@gmail.com.