St. Mary’s Outreach Center is a non-profit organization with a mission to help older adults meet the challenge of living self-sufficiently with dignity and respect.
The Accountant will provide essential support to our mission by preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements, analyzing financial information, and ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers using Quickbooks software.
- Process invoices and check requests, as needed.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements, including monthly, annual, and ad-hoc reports for a variety of audiences (e.g., Board of Directors, grantors, etc.).
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget and IRS Form 990.
- Reconcile and report discrepancies found in financial records.
- Comply with federal, state, and company accounting policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested.
Minimum 1 year of accounting or bookkeeping experience
Proficiency in English
Demonstrated skill in using Microsoft Office Suite, with proficiency in Excel
Proficiency in Quickbooks
Accounting or bookkeeping experience in a non-profit organization
The Accountant will work 4-7 hours a month, and the exact hours and days worked are negotiable. Work will typically be performed in the office at 3900 Roland Avenue, with the opportunity for occasional remote work. Starting compensation is $25/hour
St. Mary’s Outreach Center does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal.
Please forward your resume and a statement of interest to Tasha Cornish, Executive Director, at TashaSMOC@gmail.com.